Mallakhamb Start a Center
Making History in Traditional Indian Pole Gymnastics
If you’re passionate about Mallakhamb and want to spread its benefits in your community, this guide will provide you with the necessary information to get started.
Why Start a Mallakhamb Center
There are several compelling reasons to start a Mallakhamb center:
Mallakhamb offers a holistic approach to fitness, enhancing strength, flexibility, and mental focus.
By introducing Mallakhamb, you contribute to preserving and celebrating Indian culture in your community.
Mallakhamb centers foster a sense of belonging and community among participants and their families.
The sport provides a unique learning experience, combining physical activity with discipline and self-control.
Requirements and Guidelines
- Passion and expertise in Mallakhamb.
- Suitable training facility with safety measures.
- Quality Mallakhamb equipment.
- Compliance with legal and safety standards.
- Funding and marketing plan.
- Prioritize safety at all times.
- Employ certified, experienced instructors.
- Offer age-specific classes.
- Provide structured, progressive training.
- Engage with the local community.
- Regularly assess student progress.
- Foster values like discipline and teamwork.
Steps to Start
Phase 1 – Outreach
- MFU should initiate outreach efforts to states like California, New York, New Jersey, and Texas.
- Create a new email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) and a Google Voice number associated with this email for communication.
- Establish a presence on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Google Business.
- Reach out to Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh, Marathi Mandal, Temples, Indian Business Association – If you don’t hear back from Row 3, then start after 3 weeks.
- Reach out to any Linguistic Group based on Indian Languages, any other Groups having an affinity to India – If you don’t hear back from Row 4, then start after 3 weeks.
- If necessary, consider reaching out to the Indian Consulate in the area as a last resort.
Phase 2 – Awareness
- Organize a Mallakhamb webinar to create awareness and attract additional supporters.
- Set up a Mallakhamb booth during events to showcase the sport.
- Send out email notifications with surveys, potentially conducting Mallakhamb demos or two-day workshops.
Phase 3 – Demonstration or Workshop
- Include Mallakhamb demonstrations in large annual events.
- Ensure you have the required equipment for Pole Mallakhamb and Rope Mallakhamb.
- MFU provides liability insurance up to $1 million per occurrence, along with an accord certificate.
- Set up a booth for enrollment and promotion in the local area. Consider requesting donations to cover costs or in-kind donations.
- For transportation of Pole Mallakhamb, MFU may subsidize costs up to $1000 from Edison, NJ. MFU covers the commute costs for four players, including a coach.
- Organizers need to arrange accommodation with local families for two nights and one day.
Phase 4 – One Day Per Week Training Center
- Consider offering Mallakhamb training as an after-school activity or through college clubs.
- MFU provides liability insurance, an app-based training platform, a curriculum with five levels, and virtual coaching.
- Organizers should appoint a local coach for student safety, and MFU may hire a coach if a local volunteer is unavailable.
- Collaborate with MFU for uniforms, Mallakhamb promotion, and annual evaluations.
- Organizers should also participate in fundraising efforts for the Olympics in Los Angeles in 2028.
Phase 5 – Full-Fledged Training Center
- Transition to a full-fledged training center when you have 25 students from Phase 4.
- Work out the details of a full-fledged training center, including financial subsidies, when a local coach becomes available.